When you first open the Campaign you are presented with the Details tab. It is divided into five sections, Campaign Type, Schedule, Sending, Setup and Configuration and Copy Campaign.
1. This is the Name of the Campaign, it is visible in the main campaign screen and is searchable from there.
2. This is the Notes of the Campaign. Here you can choose to have any notes or message you would like but this step is entirely optional.
3. There are four types of campaigns:
- Email is the one most commonly used.
- SMS is if the campaign is to send SMS message (the account must be configured to use this campaign type, please speak to your Account Manager for more information.)
- Follow up/Workflow is used if you want to use your campaign within GatorWorkflow or as a follow up to another campaign. It also removes the audience tab from the campaign as the campaign will get it's audience from the follow up criteria set on another campaign or in the case of workflow, the audience is inserted and controlled within GatorWorkflow
- RSS To Email allows you to integrate your GatorMail campaign with RSS feeds from your website.
4. There are five action types to choose from, Static, Static Recurring, Refresh Non-recurring, Refresh Recurring and Campaign Series.
- Static - The campaign is initiated once only for the audience available at the time the campaign is run. New audience members, added after the campaign was initiated, who meet the selection criteria or are included in the group will not receive this campaign.
- Refresh Recurring - The Campaign will continue to be run with an interval set in weeks / months and new audience members, added after the campaign is initiated; who meet the selection criteria or are included in the group, will receive the campaign as it recurs.
- Refresh Non-Recurring - The Campaign is initiated once only for each audience member. New audience members, added after the campaign is initiated, who meet the selection criteria or are included in the group, will receive the campaign once only.
- Static Recurring - The Campaign will continue to be run with an interval set in days but new audience members, added after the campaign is initiated, who meet the selection criteria or are added to the group will not receive the campaign as it recurs.
- Campaign Series - The campaign is going to be part of a Campaign Series and therefore will not have an audience attached to it.
Any recurring emails will not be sent to a recipient if they have already received an email in the last 5 weeks or 4 months for example.
- The launch date and time is the time at which the campaign will start sending once initiated, if this is in the past the campaign will start sending as soon as it is initiated.
- The close date and time is the time at which no further emails will be sent from the campaign. This needs to be far enough in the future to allow all emails to send out, including follow up emails.
- You can set a campaign to go out in batches, so that the sending is staggered, it works on a 24/7 basis.
- This allows you to set time and day settings.
- This directs the contact to a page with the message you set.
- The Sender Alias displays in a recipients inbox, this should be a friendly recognisable name, often a Company Name is used here.
- The Sender Email address (from) is displayed in the recipients inbox.
- The CC and BCC are not visible by default but can be switched on if necessary, please note that if you have an audience of 10k the CC or BCC address will receive 10k emails.
- The reply to address is the email address that is populated into the recipients TO: field when they hit reply, this is where the replies to the email will be sent. This should be a genuine email address if you wish to receive the replies however if this is not a genuine email inbox the replies will not be received unless a forwarding rule is set up. If this is left blank then it will use the sender email address set for the replies.
Setup and Configuration
- This is the Unsubscribe set up that is used when a recipient clicks to unsubscribe.
- The Landing Zone URL is where your account is hosted, any Landing Zones, Surveys, Webcaptures and anything else hosted on CommuniGator will have this URL.
- This is the Send to a Friend that a recipient will see when they click send to a friend. This is optional and requires setting up to use.
- This is used for the GatorAI tool to learn from the behaviour of the contacts we send to so it can give us campaign predictions and recommendations. This is selected when the campaign is created, and the three options you can choose from include Prospect, Customer, or Other
- The campaign code can be passed into links using Query Strings. This is optional.
- If you also use GatorLeads you need to ensure this is ticked so that so that any contacts that click on your tracked links are cookied in GatorLeads so we can then see their website activity from this point onwards.
- (optional) If you have "de-dupe on send" disabled this option will appear on your campaigns so that you have the option whether to de-dupe your audience on send or not
- This allows you to manage the seed addresses that will receive this campaign. Seed addresses mean you can add internal colleagues to the seed address list so that they too can also receive the campaign when it sends out. Please note, if you use this, any engagement that the seed addresses do will be recorded in the results so this may skew your data
This item is normally used by integrated customers who's campaigns are created automatically thus removing the ability to copy the campaign on set up. Select the campaign you wish to copy from the drop down and tick whether to include the audience in the copy or not and then click copy.
If you copy a campaign then the email design attached will be the same and any amendments to the design will change the other as they are the same. You will need to make a copy of the email design so you can make changes.