You have created your custom fields for data to be populated into, but now you need somewhere your customers can give you their information.
A Landing Page form is perfect for this! Not only can you attach this to any email campaign, it is also an easy tool to use for this purpose.
Do bare in mind that this is only ONE way of setting up a Preference Centre as they are often bespoke to your needs, so we recommend you use this as a GUIDE ONLY.
If you do require further help please contact your Account Manager.
Creating a Landing Page Form
Once you have entered the Landing Page Editor via Creative -> Landing Page, select 'Add New Landing Page'.
1. Select GatorMail as this allows you to create a fully customised Landing Page.
2. Enter a Name for the Landing Page, ideally 'Preference Center'.
3. Select 'Create New Landing Page'.
Designing the Form
Here you can see the very basic form we have created. To do this we simply use a table to align the text.
1. Select the grid icon making sure that your cursor is in the correct place on the page.
2. Select the web capture control button.
We recommend using a 2 column grid with as many rows as is needed. This is so you have a second box to add your web capture into.
1. Give your field a name that will help you recognise what it is for. In this case we are looking at a webinar communications box.
2. Select the checkbox to populate the contacts information. This brings across any information they put in this box and match it to their contact record.
3. Select the contact field you want to connect this form field to. In this case it is our PrefGEventWebinar field which we created under contact fields.
4. For a preference center a checkbox should be the field type.
5. Make this checkbox visible.
6. Click 'Next'.
DO NOT make this a mandatory field.
If you make it mandatory they have to click the box and this will opt them in to communications, thus taking any option away from them.
Once created, a small grey box will appear in the form. This shows you have made a checkbox web capture.
To edit the field select the cursor next to the box, click Ctrl + Shift + left or right arrow, then click the capture form button.
Do this for all of your fields.