Web Capture Forms are online forms that can be used to allow contacts to update their details, set their preferences or answer your questions.
These can be recorded within CommuniGator for future use, and even passed back to your CRM system if an integration is in place.
The benefit of doing this is that using a Landing Page webform allows you to track the clicks, but it also updates the contact record.
Insert a Web Capture field
1. Name the first field that you would like to use
2. Place underneath a web capture control field using the button on the right hand side.
Name field and assign attributes
3. Name your capture field
4. Choose whether you would like the details to automatically populate.
5. If auto populate is used, select the business object field that will be used to populate the field with 'FirstName'
Determine the Field Type
6. Select the field type for your web capture control
Set the Field rules
7. Select the option to make that value 'Visible'
8. Enter a 'Default Value' that will automatically fill if nothing is entered into the web capture field i.e. 'Please enter a name'
9. Select a 'Validation Type' such as if the information given is a date, or time
Select if it is a Mandatory Field
10. Select whether this is a mandatory field that needs to be infilled before the form can be submitted
Repeat this process until the form contains all the relevant information that is needed
11. This form will contain three web capture controls 'First Name', 'Last Name' and 'Email Address'
Sending a Notification Email
1. Insert the email address that will receive the notification
2. Click add to insert the contact to receive the notification email.
3. Once the email has been added to receive the notification they will appear in this section
Dedupe options (Integrated customers only)
- Click here to only allow one entry per contact.
- Choose this option if the contact already exists; store for summary approval, deny update or update automatically.
Update automatically is the most commonly used item.
- Select Finish