How to Create a Target List
1. From the ribbon select Target Lists > Create Target List
Add An Audience To the Target List
1. Enter a name for your new Target List (and any other additional information you require).
2. Click Save
First select the target list you have created.
1. Now you can now choose to either '+', 'Select' or 'Select from Reports' one of the following records to be included in a CommuniGator campaign:
Create a Campaign (Classic)
1. From the ribbon navigate to 'Campaigns'
2. Select 'Create Campaign (Classic).
Enter The Campaign Details
1. Give the campaign a Name. This Name will also be the name of the campaign in CommuniGator.
2. Select a Start Date for the campaign. This Start Date will also be the start date of the campaign in CommuniGator.
3. Select an End Date for the Campaign. This End Date will also be the end date of the campaign in CommuniGator.
4. Set the campaign to have a Status of 'Planning' until you are ready to send it to CommuniGator and then Change the Status to 'Active'.
5. Give the campaign a Type of 'Email'.
6. Select the CommuniGator type of Campaign you wish to use. I.e. Static, Follow or Refresh.
7. Save the campaign and it should now shortly come over to CommuniGator and be ready to use.
It can take up to 30 minutes for a campaign to be received in CommuniGator with its audience
Add The Target List To The Campaign
- Either create a new Target List or click the drop down and 'Select' one you have previously created.
- Click the edit button, which will take you into the campaign settings.
Send The Campaign To CommuniGator
1. Set the 'Status' of the campaign to 'Active'.
2. Save the campaign.
The campaign will now shortly come over to CommuniGator and be ready to use (It can take up to 30 minuets for a campaign to be received in CommuniGator with its full audience).
Notes about the aCloud CRM to CommuniGator Integration
All campaigns needs to have an Active status (in CRM) for it to be sent up to CommuniGator with the associated target list. If any other status other is selected nothing will happen to that campaign with regards to CommuniGator.
If a campaign is set to ‘Active’ with no target list attached, the campaign will be sent up without any targets. Once a target list is added to the campaign in CRM, it will immediately be pulled across into CommuniGator. Once a list is pulled across however (for a static campaign) the integration will no longer look for new targets or target lists.
This means that you must ensure the list is ready to be sent up before it is attached to an ‘Active’ campaign. If a list is added accidently you would need to create a new campaign in CRM and start again.
Refresh (non-recurring) campaigns act slightly different. They will also wait for the active status but they will continue to check every 24 hours after the campaign was first sent up to CommuniGator for new or removed targets, then update CommuniGator accordingly. CommuniGator will continue to check for new or removed audience members of that campaign until the Close date of the campaign in CommuniGator is reached.
CommuniGator will not however check for 'updates' to existing targets. I.e. if a contact’s name is changed from Jon to John, this change to a contact that has already been sent across won’t be sent over as part of that campaign.
Follow Up Campaign
A follow up campaign does not require a target list to be attached. Creating a follow up in CRM simply acts as a place holder for results to be written back to/associated with. Without a campaign in CRM (so if someone creates one directly in CommuniGator) the results of that campaign won’t be written back to CRM.
A follow up in CommuniGator is typically used to send a 2nd email (different content) to an audience of an initial campaign who performed an action. E.g. Any contact who clicks link ‘A’ in email one will now receive this second email with more information.