There are two components of an e-marketing campaign:
- Target List - This is the group of contacts that should receive your email.
- Campaign - This will pass over to CommuniGator and create a Campaign which will appear under Campaigns.
This guide will take you through:
Creating a Target List
1. Click on the target List Tab
2. Click create Target List option from the dropdown
3. Click on the create button to create your Target List
4. Enter in the name of what you would like to call the target list
target list click on the save button
Creating a Filter
1. Select the entity that you would like to filter by, in this example I will be selecting contacts to add to my target list
2. Select the option View Contacts
3. Click the drop down of Filter to select if you would like to create a new filter or select one that is existing.
In this example a new filter will be created.
1. Select the field that you would like to query
2. Select the operator that you would like to use to create your filter
3. Enter in the value that you would like to filter on
4. If you would like to create an additional rule click on the plus button please be aware that the rule will be an "AND" rule and not an "OR" rule
5. If you would like to Save the filter enter in the name of what you would like to call the filter.
6. Click Save to save your filter if you would like to reuse it at a later date.
Please be aware that when you create an additional filter, it works as an 'And Rule'.
1. Select the checkbox to add the contacts from the filter.
Please be aware by ticking this checkbox it will only add the first page of contacts
2. Click on the drop down to the right hand side of the checkbox
3. Select the option Add to Target List from the drop down
To select all contacts that meet your filter criteria, click on the 'select all record' option which is highlighted in the image above.
1. Type in the name of the Target List that you've previously created
2. Select the target list that you would like to add the data to
3. Click on the update button to add the data to the Target List
If you haven't yet created a Target List then you can click on 'Create new target list'.
Creating your Campaign
1. Click on the arrow to the right handside of the tab titled "Campaigns"
2. Select the option 'Create Campaign (Classic)' from the drop down
Please be aware that the Create Campaign (Wizard) is NOT compatible with CommuniGator.
1. Add in the name of the Campaign. This will be the name of the Campaign inside of GatorMail
2. Add in the Start Date and End Date of the Campaign. This date can be changed inside of GatorMail once it's been pulled across.
3. Change the Status to Planning.
4. Select the Type to be Email.
5. Select the CommuniGator Type.
- Static - Will send to anyone in the Target List, but if anyone new is added to the Target list once it has been pulled across to CommuniGator they will not be added
- Refresh- Will send to anyone new that is added to the target list providing the end date has been reached
- Follow up - Will not bring over a target list as it is all based on previous email behaviour. The follow up type can be used for Follow Ups, Campaign Series and Workflows in GatorMail.
6. Click the Save button
Attaching your Target List
1. Click on the arrow to the right of the button titled Create
2. Click on the Select option from the drop down to select the Target List that you would like to attach to the campaign.
3. Tick the checkbox of the Target List that you would like to associate with the campaign
4. Click on the select button to add the Target List to your campaign.
Activating your Campaign
You will be able to view the Target List associated with the Campaign
1. Click on the Edit button to amend the campaign
1. Change the Status to Active
2. Click Save
This will then pull over the Campaign and Target List to your GatorMail instance. To view the campaign inside of GatorMail click on the 'Campaigns' tab and select the option 'Campaigns'.
Creating a Refresh Campaign
Now to create a Refresh Campaign.