Event Setup: Create & Manage Events
This is where Events are created and stored, they can be kept in folders to keep things tidy.
- This is your Folder Tree. You can right click on a folder to move it, add a new sub folder, or delete it.
- Selecting 'Create New' will launch the creation of a new event.
- This is the filter option to help you search for a specific event.
- Selecting this icon will hide your folder tree.
- These checkboxes allow you to select more than one event at a time or all events.
- This is the event name.
- This is the event description.
- This is the event Start Date.
- These are your event statistics. They are Delegates, Bookings, Paid, and Attended.
- The status of the event is shown here. It can be Inactive or Active.
- Selecting a letter in this section will filter out events, only showing those which start with the selected letter.
- The plus icon allows you to add a booking manually.
- This icon will let you manage all your current event bookings.
- The graph icon shows your GoToMeetingWebinar results if being used.
- Selecting the bin icon will delete the event. A confirmation message will appear before final deletion.
Creating an Event
To create a new event:
- Create New Event.
- Enter the event name.
- Add a description if needed.
- Select a Start and End Date. You can use the calendar pick icon to do so.
- Or you can copy an existing event.
- Select 'Create'.
Each of the options in the Event Detail screen can be set with required information. There are many options and only those around event name, times etc are required, plus any others that you may like to use as merge fields within event invitation and confirmation emails and reminder emails.
- Setting up the Name & Title of your event including a description
- Setting your event to Active will make it bookable and live within your iframe if you are publishing events on your website.
- Event Landing Zone URL - this allows you to select which domain you would like to appear in the URL
- Event URL can be added to a private email and sent to a recipient manually outside of an email campaign
- Event Start Page. Booking form takes you straight to the event form. Landing Page takes you to the a long description of the event and then onto the booking form.
- Setting the Start time and date for your Events
- Select if you wish to use GoToWebinar and the associated details.
- Selecting your payment option for the event (PayPal for paid events)
- Setting Currency and Vat codes
- Selecting and adding Locations of your events, click the plus button to enter a new location details (Address, map etc)
- Setting the total number of places for your events (after the maximum number has been reached you are able to enable a waiting list)
- Set up the Payment Requirements
Event Detail Advanced Options
- Setting a boundary of when delegates must book buy
- Selecting and adding a manager of the event, The person responsible for the event. Click the plus button to input new event managers, including email address and contact numbers.
- Moving the event in to one of your existing events folders
- Setting up discount bookings
- Selecting and adding an event category, you are able to assign the event to one or multiple categories. This is mainly used for when adding events to your website so you are able to show only events of a particular category. Right click on the ‘Category’ heading in order to add a new category. Once a category has been added you can select it in order to change it’s name.
- Allows you to copy a previous campaign details if you have not done so already.
This page includes details that you would like to make available within the booking process, and also as merge data within your event invitations or confirmations.
- Insert your company logo. This will be used within the booking process.
- A short description of what the event is.
- A longer description. This may include an agenda of the day etc.
Event Description - Content
- You are able to set up custom content for your event. This content will be displayed on the first event page. The custom content will automatically be added after the long and short descriptions, if they have been selected. For each custom content you can set up campaign and non-campaign content. Campaign content will be displayed when the event has be viewed via a campaign and the non-campaign content when not. You can re-order the content using the arrows in the listbox.
- If you would like to add links to documents or other websites within the booking process.
Event Display Field Visibility allows you to display the information that you have previously entered on the Events Details section on the first page of the booking form for the recipient.
By selecting each tick box, this will enable each option from 1 to 5 to be visually displayed on the first page of the booking form.
Event Booking Field Visibility allows you to display the information that you have previously entered on the Events Details section on the second page of the booking form for the recipient.
By selecting each tick box, this will enable each option to be visually displayed on the second page of the booking form.
Please Note: Email Address is the only required field but you are able to select other Communigator filed including attributes that you have added to your own Communigator environment.
Within the Display Settings you are able to adjust some of the basic Template wording options and button adjustment
- Select from Default Template or Custom Template.
- This is the preview of the Event Form with the applied template.
Waiting List Settings
If you have enabled waiting lists to be used, you can set up how that waiting list will look like across the booking forms.
- Select the Event Booker Confirmation email, this is the email to be sent to the booker (if the event is paid for). If it is a free event then this should be sent to the confirmation email.
- Select the Event Delegate Confirmation email, this is the confirmation email that will be received by everyone but the booker.
- Provide the Sender Alias.
- Provide the Sender Email Address.
- Choose who to send the confirmation email to
Reminders can be set to send out an email to all delegates a number of days prior to the event. They can also be set to go to any email address or distribution list so may be used to send delegate lists to trainers or speakers.
- Click Insert Reminder or Edit Reminder
- Create a name
- Add any relevant notes
- Select a send method form date to day
- Select the date or days from the event you would like the reminder to be sent
- Select the reminder Audience, this can be a Single Person, All Delegates, All Waiting Bookers, Al Bookers, All Unpaid Bookers
- Add in the Person Responsible First Name
- Add in the Person Responsible Last Name
- Add in the Person Responsible Email Name
- Select the Reminder Email Template
- Subject Line
- Click Manage Bookings
- Click add Booking to add people in manually to your event
- Add Bookings in manually
- Export Bookings to Excel, allows you to export booking data from the event to excel in several.
- Take the Attendee Register list.
The manage bookings screen is broken down across tabs to identify the following:
You can edit or cancel bookings by clicking on the booking reference and changing the status.
By using the attendee register you are able to mark contacts as attended. From this screen you can also click ‘View URL’ to be given a URL that is accessible from outside of the system. This would allow you to complete attendance at the event on any internet enabled device without logging into CommuniGator.